Aplos Health PCN is a primary care network providing NHS services and working collaboratively with our four member practices; Sydenham Green Group Practice, Vale Medical Centre, Woolstone Medical Centre and Wells Park Practice.
Primary Care Networks (PCNs) are a key part of the NHS Long Term Plan, with general practices being a part of a network, typically covering 30,000-50,000 patients.
In line with national guidance, PCNs are much more than clusters of general practice. It is about groups of practices coming together locally in partnership with community services, social care and other providers of health and care services around the needs of local patients.
Aplos Health PCN are committed to working in partnership with the community we serve, to transform primary care in a sustainable way that has a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of the local population.
As part of a PCN, GPs will be able to recruit multi-disciplinary teams, including pharmacists, physiotherapists, paramedics, physician associates and social prescribing support workers, freeing up family doctors to focus on the other patients.
- PCN Clinical Director: Dr Margaret Senbanjo
- PCN Manager: Satnam Bains
- PCN Pharmacist: Samir Taheri
- PCN Health & Wellbeing Coach: Steven Harrison
- Clinical and Primary Network Support Administrator: Laura Sharpley
- Care Co-ordinators: Louis Williams, Shan-ann Cornwall, Zeeshan Azam and Claire Kilbane.
- Social Prescribers: Oluranti Shotibi (service lead), Karen Davis, Carmelo Di Maria, Alia Zaman, Kwabena Osei-Kuffuor
- PCN Dietitian: Tony Hirving
- Youth Wellbeing Clinician – Dr Ichechim White
- LARC Clinicians: Dr Prachi Gupta, Dr Seetha Puvaneswaran, Jennifer McGeown and Julie Roye
Aplos Health PCN currently are providing the following services on behalf of our member practices:
- Youth Wellbeing Clinic – We have relaunched this service from late January 2022. It runs on a weekly basis at Woolstone Medical Centre every Thursday.
- Long-acting Reversible Contraception – This service was launched in January 2022 as part of a 1-year pilot. Clinics are held at Wells Park Practice on a Thursday, Friday and every 2nd Saturday of the month.
- Aplos Health and Wellbeing Journey – This is an exciting weight loss programme to aid patients to understand the key areas of lifestyle change. It is a 6-month programme aimed to support selected patients to improve their weight and their overall physical and mental health.
- COVID Vaccination Clinic – Aplos Health PCN has delivered over 40,000 COVID vaccinations at Sydenham Green Group Practice as part of the COVID Vaccination Programme since commencement in 2021.
Please click on the link for more information on the services that are currently being provided by Aplos Health PCN on behalf of your GP Practice – Aplos Health PCN – A primary healthcare organisation committed to quality care and health improvement in the community.